Monday, April 20, 2009

Well, it is time for blogging again!!

This weekend was not that great for my diet. I went to Dunkin Doughnuts/Baskin Robins with my brother in law and sister in law and bought a 3 scoop sundae. I wasn't even hungry. I just wanted to eat some ice cream. So that killed me. Yesterday, I did ok. I don't remember what I had for breakfast, lunch was 2 tuna fish sandwiches and dinner was homemade Taco Salad. It was really good. I will post how we make it sometime in the near future. Also, in other weight loss news, Johanna (my wife for those who don't know it) has made a deal with me. On Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, when she gets home from work, she is going to let me go to a local park which has a track going around it for me to walk. The track is at least a mile one time around. So more news to be coming soon. I have not decided what day to make my weigh-in day.

This weekend was enjoyable. I saw 2 cousins I have not seen in 17 years. They drove down from MI to see our Grandfather. He lived in FL but moved in with my parents a couple of years ago. He is 92 years old and in excellent condition. So it was nice to see them too.

Today marks a somber day in our nations history. 10 years ago today, 2 students went on a shooting spree at Columbine High School in Littleton CO killing 13 students and 1 teacher. It is so hard to believe that it has been a decade already. I just read an article this morning that said the 2 shooters had not originally planned for the shooting, but had planned to blow up the school using propane bombs and other incendiary devices. When that didn't work, they decided to shoot people instead. I have often wondered what goes through the mind of someone who wants to kill another person. So if you remember, say a prayer for the families involved. It may be hard for us to understand this, but can you picture how the parents and families of those killed are feeling right now?

Well that is all for now. I have to go back to work. More soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment