Wednesday, July 8, 2009

I am glad I am not a woman....

Did you know that "Women end up digesting most of the lipstick that they apply" Why not just eat the lipstick like a candy bar!

So I have finally uploaded all of my CD's onto my ITUNES library. I have 963 Christian CD's. Yesterday, I was listening to some Relient K stuff. I put the bands albums on shuffle and just listened to whatever played. For some reason, I got 4 of their songs from their Christmas album in a row.

That got me thinking.... why do we only listen to Christmas music at Christmas time? Why not listen to it all year round. Why does the miracle of Christ's birth only have to be celebrated at Christmas time? We should be celebrating all the time. So the song "Don't Save It All For Christmas Day" by Avalon popped into my head. I know, those of you who have heard Reliant K and Avalon know they are 2 completely different styles of music. But the message is what is important. Below are the lyrics:

Don't get so busy that you miss
Giving just a little kiss
To the ones you love
Don't even wait a little while
To give them just a little smile
A little is enough
See how many people are crying
Some people are dying
How many people are asking for love
So don't save it all for Christmas day
Find a way
To give a little love every day
Don't save it all for Christmas day
Find a way
'Cause holidays have come and gone
But love lives on
If you give onLove
How could you wait another minute
A hug is warmer when you're in it
Oh, baby that's a fact
And saying I love you's always better
Seasons, reasons they don't matter
So don't hold back
See how many people in this world
So needful in this world
How many people are praying for love

repeat chorus

So let all the children know
Everywhere that they go
Their whole life long
Let them know love

So remember to show love to those around you at all times. Not just at Christmas time.

2 comments:

  1. Excellent point Joe ~ Christmas music isn't just for Christmas anymore! Thanks for sharing the words to this song...I love it!

    Also ~ I'm really glad that I don't wear lipstick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's why you should always wear lipstick that tastes good. Thanks CO Bigelow!

    ReplyDelete